Jaidis

Juniper Grove

Blog of author Jaidis Shaw!

See Bride Run! - Charlotte Hughes

Annie Hartford has found herself in a terrible situation. After breaking off her engagement to a man she doesn't love, her billionaire father has frozen her bank accounts and all assets as a way to force her down the aisle. Minutes before she is to head to the altar, she makes a break for it and finds herself in a small town in Georgia with nothing but the wedding dress on her back and a diamond tiara on her head. Being on her own for the first time in her life, will she be able to survive or will the urge to run home be too strong?

I really enjoyed reading this story! Even though she has lived her life trying to please her father, Annie is still a strong character who is willing to try things out. She learns to cherish the small things in life and comes to acknowledge that money isn't everything. She sees that there are still good people in the world, people who are willing to help out a woman in need even though they don't know her.

I only have two minor complaints about this story. I wish there would have been a little more background information on both Sam and Lillian, especially since they both have a special place in Annie's future. I also would have liked the story to have a tad more drama. The ending really kicked the drama/suspense up and I would have liked to see that throughout the whole book. Since it was just at the end, the story felt a little rushed. Regardless, this was still an pleasant read with an awesomely sweet epilogue! I was drawn in by the author's writing style and look forward to reading more by Charlotte Hughes.