Jaidis

Juniper Grove

Blog of author Jaidis Shaw!

An Uncertain Choice - Jody Hedlund

Lady Rosemarie's parents made a promise to the church when she was born. On her eighteen birthday, she will take her sacred vows and live her life as a nun. Rosemarie didn't know of the promise until the death of her parents and after getting over the shock, came to terms with her future. Her life is turned upside down when a month until her birthday, an exception to the vow is found. If she finds true love and marries before midnight on her eighteenth birthday, she can live a normal life. She begins questioning everything she thought when three mysterious and handsome suitors are vying for her attention. Not only is she confused in matters of the heart, but her people are dying from illness and she wonders how she can best serve her people. Should she dedicate her life to the church, where she can focus more on her charitable deeds, or should she open her heart and try to find love?

An Uncertain Choice was a quick and easy read. It flowed nicely and I loved the romance aspect. I'm a sucker for sappy love and cheesy pick-up lines so I enjoyed reading this book. Lady Rosemarie is a flawed character. At times she is a strong character who is putting her people above everything else. Other times we are reminded that she is just a teenager and may not be ready for the responsibility that she was forced to take when her parents died. My only complaint was that there was little mystery as to who was behind the shenanigans that occurred during the book. I wish there had been a little more suspense but rather it was all laid out perfectly so I knew what to expect. If you are looking for a light, clean romance, this will do the trick.

I received a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.