Jaidis

Juniper Grove

Blog of author Jaidis Shaw!

The Lost Souls Dating Agency - Suneeti Rekhari

Shalini has moved to Australia, from India, to attend a university and experience life. Things are on track when she receives word that her uncle has disappeared and left her a mysterious, run-down warehouse. After much consideration, she decides to fix-up the warehouse and open a dating agency. She decides she wants her business to stand out from the rest so when a newspaper that talks of supernatural beings is delivered to her office, her business adventure goes from normal to paranormal.

I liked the overall premise of the book. A dating agency for supernatural beings sounds fun and exciting, but I found myself wanting something more. We read about three individual cases and each focuses on a different type of being: vampire, shapeshifter, and witch. Though each of these cases were written separately, they all flowed together which was nice. The flow of the story was a little slow for my tastes though. It just bobbed along and didn't really start getting into the big stuff until the very end, at which point the book ends and we are left with a huge cliffhanger.

I was provided a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.