Jaidis

Juniper Grove

Blog of author Jaidis Shaw!

Sisters of Blood and Spirit - Kady Cross

Wren and Lark Noble are twins and are identical in every way except two; their hair color and ability to breathe. Wren was stillborn and thus is a rarity among her ghostly kind. She has a special connection to her sister Lark and together they can do and see things that most people, dead or alive, can't do. So when the boy who saved Lark's life after a failed suicide attempt is marked by an evil ghost, the twins will do whatever it takes to save not only his life, but the lives of his friends as well.

This action-packed story was engaging, thrilling, and intriguing! I loved the connection between Wren and Lark. It was strong, loving, and forgiving. Though Wren is sometimes jealous of not being alive, she understands that she wasn't meant to be. Lark understands about Wren's loneliness and allows her to take over her body so she can experience things for herself. They have a great relationship and work well together.

I only had two complaints about this story. The first being that I felt as though we needed more background information on why the sisters are so special. The rarity of their connection is mentioned through the book several times and even the sisters question it, but they don't do anything to figure out what makes them that way. My other issue is that I felt the ending was not complete. Someone special helps the sisters out periodically in the story and at the end we find out who that person is and their connection to the twins but not much else. I would have loved a closer look at their importance and what it meant to the girls specifically.

Other than that, this was a great read! This was my first time reading anything by Kady Cross but I loved her writing style and will definitely check out some of her other works. I hope to see this story continue on and hopefully clean up some of the loose ends.

I was provided a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.